The Colon Cancer Coalition is looking for liked-minded partners in New York City and the surrounding area to receive one of multiple grants awarded from funds raised through Get Your Rear in Gear – New York City events. Grants will be given in amounts up to $25,000.
Applications are due Friday, February 27.
*Note: To receive funds, organizations are not required to be located in New York; however, grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in New York City and surrounding community. Preference will be given to new or existing programs working toward the shared colorectal cancer screening goal of 80% by 2018.
Get creative. We are looking for out-of-the-box thinking that will:
- Have a real impact on colorectal cancer screening rates.
- Target messages to populations at risk for young-onset colorectal cancer.
- Reach those who have an increased genetic risk for the disease.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Publicly acknowledge the grant.
- Be an active participant in the 2015 Get Your Rear in Gear Run/Walk in New York City on Sunday, October 25, assisting the Colon Cancer Coalition in attracting additional participants and sponsors.
- Submit a completed Grant Results Summary following the completion of the project or no later than 12 months after receiving the grant funds, whichever comes first. The grant recipient will need to include specific details on how the grant money was used and the results of the program or related statistics as available (screening rates and behavior changes, etc.)
For more info and to apply, visit: http://www.coloncancercoalition.org/community/grants/new-york-grant-application/