President Barack Obama and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell will be discussing the upcoming open enrollment on Friday, November 7th at 4:00 PM ET. Open enrollment starts November 15, 2014 and ends February 15, 2015. During the open enrollment period you can enroll in a new plan, switch plans, and get subsidies.
The new Tax Penalty for 2015
If you don’t have coverage in 2015, you’ll pay the higher of these two amounts:
- 2% of your yearly household income. (Only the amount of income above the tax filing threshold, about $10,000 for an individual, is used to calculate the penalty.) The maximum penalty is the national average premium for a bronze plan.
- $325 per person for the year ($162.50 per child under 18). The maximum penalty per family using this method is $975.
(as compared to the tax penalty for 2014, which was 1% of your yearly household income or approx. $95 per person for the year.)
You are invited to join the discussion via conference call on Friday, November 7th at 4:00 PM ET with President Barack Obama and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell to discuss the upcoming open enrollment period for the health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act. Please note: This call is off the record and not for press purposes.
- Date: Friday, November 7th
- Time: 4:00 PM ET, please join 5-7 minutes early to avoid connection delays
- RSVP: To receive the dial-in information, please register for the call by clicking: http://ems6.intellor.com?p=600397&do=register&t=1