BLOGGING SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT- CREATING CHANGE CONFERENCE 2013
January 23- 27th APPLICATIONS DUE BY: Thursday, December 27, 2012 by 5pm EST
Once again, the Network for LGBT Health Equity is looking to send a fellow advocate to participate in another great training, networking, and skill building opportunity. We are currently offering one Scholarship to the 2013 Creating Change Conference.
What is Creating Change?
Creating Change is the one and only time each year that more than 2,000 lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights advocates from every corner of the country converge to strategize, socialize and mobilize for LGBT equality. It features top-level trainings, workshops, networking sessions and action-planning with our movement’s best thinkers and brightest innovators — oh yeah, and there’s tons of opportunities for socializing, meeting up with old friends and making lots of new ones! For more conference details you can go to http://www.creatingchange.org/.
So, if you are working on, or advocating for LGBT tobacco control and health equity issues, we invite you to apply for a scholarship and join us this year at Creating Change!
Full or partial scholarships will cover (depending on your need): airfare, ground transport, conference registration and double occupancy hotel for four nights, & per diem reimbursement.
Please Note: If you are selected to attend the conference you will be asked to be involved with Network Actions (which could include: handing out flyers, getting signatures, helping us table, etc.) and to represent the Network. We will be asking scholarship recipients to write blogs, use social media channels, create videos, etc. that can be uploaded to our social networking sites and to assist us in documenting the conference.
Applications are due by Thursday, December 27, 2012 by 5pm EST
Folks from ANY background, education and skill-levels are encouraged to apply.
Applications will only be accepted by email at email@example.com
Please ensure the subject line reads: Creating Change Scholarship
To apply, please email BRIEF responses to the following questions:
1) Briefly describe why you want to go, and what you are hoping to get out of the conference.
2) Briefly describe what your involvement has been in tobacco control and LGBT Health Equity.
3) Briefly describe your experience using social media, especially writing blogs, and/or with promoting news through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
4) Please let us know whether you are comfortable posting 2-4 blog entries per day while at the conference, representing the Network and have your own computer with wireless connection.
5) Briefly describe if you are from of an underserved population (transgender, person of color, low-income, etc)
6) Include where you would be coming from?
7) List whether you would need a Full or Partial scholarship?
(Please mark with an X if you are applying for Full Scholarship or Partial Scholarship)
If you choose partial scholarship, please mark with an X what funding categories you will be applying for.
___ Full Scholarship (Airfare, Hotel, Ground Transportation, Meals, Registration)
___ Food/Per Diem
___ Ground Transportation
___ Hotel (5 nights)
Applications will be reviewed and decisions will be made no later than Thursday, January 3rd. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you already plan on attending the conference we want to know! Shoot us an email so we can meet up with you in Atlanta! See you there!!!