The Network is once again offering a blogging scholarship opportunity! Please apply to be sent to a fantastic LGBTI health summit!
The 2011 National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) Health Summit will be held in beautiful Bloomington, Indiana July 16-19 2011. The LGBTI Health Summit is an opportunity for individuals working for the health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and intersex people to meet and share ideas about health issue of concern to our community.
Attendees are health activists, medical care professionals, alternative and complementary health providers, outreach workers, mental health practitioners and concerned community members and allies. With the theme of crossroads, we anticipate changes such as health care reform, issues of LGBTI individuals aging into a changing medical and insurance system, and state and federal legislation that prominently impacts our community.
For more on the conference, visit their website: http://www.nationallgbtihealthsummit.com/
Applications are due Friday, July 8th, 2011 by noon EST.
Folks from ANY background, education and skill-levels are encouraged to apply.
Applications will only be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the subject line reads: National LGBTI Health Summit 2011
To apply, please email BRIEF responses to the following questions:
1) Briefly describe why you want to go, and what you are hoping to get out of the conference:
2) Briefly describe what your involvement has been in tobacco control and other health arenas.
3) Briefly describe your experience using social media, especially writing blogs, and/or with promoting news through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
4) Please let us know whether you are comfortable posting 2-4 blog entries per day while at the conference, distributing fliers for and representing the Network and have your own computer with wireless connection.
5) Briefly describe if you are from of an underserved population (transgender, person of color, low-income, etc)
6) Include where you would be coming from?
7) List whether you would need a Full or Partial scholarship?
(Please mark with an X if you are applying for Full Scholarship or Partial Scholarship)
If you choose partial scholarship, please mark with an X what funding categories you will be applying for.
___ Full Scholarship (Airfare, Hotel, Ground Transportation, Meals)
___ Food/Per Diem
___ Ground Transportation
___ Hotel (3-4 nights)
Applications will be reviewed by staff and decisions will be made no later than Monday, July 11th. If you have questions please contact email@example.com.
One thought on “Scholarship Opportunity! National LGBTI Health Summit 2011”