Presenting on the Philadelphia Trans Health Conference
I’ve had a bit of a background in self-care, being raised as an Activist by a role model who preached and practiced extremely good self-care techniques and habits. (I’m looking at you Kiely!)
Some key points:
- Utilize self-care because not taking care of your self is like a virus in our movements.
- Your behavior is very key to recognizing where your self-care is lacking and where you have some strengths.
- get folks to hold you accountable to your goals!
The facilitators’ model of self-care:
- As yourself, “How am I caring for myself physically, emotionally, and relationally RIGHT NOW?” take note of any gaps you discover.
- Brainstorm actions or habits to overcome gaps. Choose from the suggestions below or add your own to the list.
- Turn those actions or habits into SMART goals. (Specific goal, Metric, attainable, realistic, timeframe)
- Now state your goals as commitments to yourself.
- Establish a habit of accountability.