ONLY 24 hours to apply…
On June 16-19, 2011 Minneapolis, MN will host the 6th annual NETROOTS NATION conference which amplifies progressive voices by providing an online and in-person campus for exchanging ideas and learning how to be more effective in using technology to influence the public debate.
Netroots Nations has created a well-rounded, engaging agenda that will help shape the dialog for progressives in the coming months. There are sessions that focus on building long-term capacity within the progressive movement, pushing the practice of online and offline organizing forward and changing the debate on policies.
The agenda includes panels, hands-on training sessions, caucuses and strategy sessions, film screenings and tons of social events.
Please Note: If you are selected to attend the conference you will be asked to represent the Network for LGBT Health Equity. We will be asking scholarship recipients to write blogs on the event session you attend (about 4-7 short entries) and help promote through social media. However, we will provide instructions no matter your experience level!
Application details: Applications are due Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 by 5PM EST.
Folks from ANY background, education and skill-levels are encouraged to apply.
Applications will only be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure the subject line reads: NETROOTS NATION SCHOLARSHIP
Also, please ensure that you include your Phone Number and Full Name in the email.
To apply, please email BRIEF responses to the following questions:
- Briefly describe why you want to go, and what you are hoping to get out of the conference.
- Briefly describe what your involvement has been in tobacco control.
- Briefly describe your experience using social media, especially writing blogs, and/or with promoting news through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Briefly describe if you are from of an underserved population (transgender, person of color, low-income, etc)
- Include where you would be coming from.
Applications will be reviewed by staff and decisions will be made no later than June 2nd. If you have questions please contact email@example.com.
**Note Applications closed: JUNE 1st @ 5PM EST***
***Applications received after 5PM will not be accepted**