by Emilia Dunham
June 2nd – 4th, 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference, a program of Mazzoni Center, Philadelphia’s LGBT Health Center. This year’s conference focuses on building creative community partnerships, locally, nationally, and globally. This is much in line with our goals at the Network and we’d like to help one or two of you create your own partnerships at the Conference by offering a blogging scholarship.
Workshops take place at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. To find out more about the conference visit their website for workshop and conference details: http://www.trans-health.org/
Please Note: If you are selected to attend the conference you will be asked to represent the Network for LGBT Health Equity. We will be asking scholarship recipients to write blogs on the event (about 4-7 short entries) and help promote through social media. However, we will provide instructions no matter your experience level!
Applications are due Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 by the end of the day.
Folks from ANY background, education and skill-levels are encouraged to apply.
Applications will only be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the subject line reads: Philly Trans Health Conference
To apply, please email BRIEF responses to the following questions:
1) Briefly describe why you want to go, and what you are hoping to get out of the conference:
2) Briefly describe what your involvement has been in tobacco control, and other health arenas.
3) Briefly describe your experience using social media, especially writing blogs, and/or with promoting news through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
4) Briefly describe if you are from of an underserved population (transgender, person of color, low-income, etc)
5) Include where you would be coming from?
6) Do you need a Full or Partial scholarship?
(Please mark with an X if you are applying for Full Scholarship or Partial Scholarship)
If you choose partial scholarship, please mark with an X what funding categories you will be applying for.
___ Full Scholarship (Airfare, Hotel, Ground Transportation, Meals)
___ Food/Per Diem
___ Ground Transportation
___ Hotel (3-4 nights)
Applications will be reviewed by staff and decisions will be made no later than May 13th. If you have questions please contact email@example.com.