APPLICATION DUE: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 by 5pm EST
Once again, the National LGBT Tobacco Control Network is looking to send a few fellow advocates to participate in another great training, networking, and skill building opportunity. We are currently offering approximately 5 Scholarships to the Creating Change Conference.
What is Creating Change you might ask?
Creating Change is the one and only time each year that more than 2,000 lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights advocates from every corner of the country converge to strategize, socialize and mobilize for LGBT equality. It features top-level trainings, workshops, networking sessions and action-planning with our movement’s best thinkers and brightest innovators — oh yeah, there’s also tons of opportunities for socializing, meeting up with old friends and making lots of new ones. For more conference details you can go to http://www.creatingchange.org/.
So, if you are working on, or advocating for LGBT tobacco issues, we want you to apply for a scholarship and join us this year at Creating Change!
Scholarships will cover: airfare, ground transport, conference registration and double occupancy hotel for three nights, & per diem reimbursement.
Please Note: If you are selected by our Scholarship Committee to attend the conference you will be asked to represent the Network. We will be asking scholarship recipients to create blogs, tweets, videos etc. that can be uploaded to our social networking sites to document the conference. In addition, you will be asked to sign-up in shifts to assist in manning the Network booth.
Once again, applications are due Tuesday, December 29, 2009 by 5pm EST
Applications will only be accepted by email at email@example.com
Please ensure the subject line reads: CREATING CHANGE SCHOLARSHIP
To apply, please email BRIEF responses to the following questions:
1) Briefly describe what your involvement has been in the tobacco control community over the past year?
2) Briefly describe why you would be good at promoting, the on the spot, conference happenings through the Networks social media sites such as creating blogs, tweets, video blogs etc.
3) Briefly describe why would you be valuable to the network (besides already being in the network, because that is a huge value already) to help promote our activities and create more awareness of the Network at the booth and overall at the conference?
4) Briefly describe if you are from of an underserved population?
5) Do you need a Full or Partial scholarship?
(Please mark with an X if you are applying for Full Scholarship or Partial Scholarship)
If you choose partial scholarship, please mark with an X what funding categories you will be applying for.
___ Full Scholarship (Airfare, Hotel, Registration, Ground Transportation, Per Diem $1095)
___ Partial Scholarship
___ Airfare (approx $350)
___ Conference Registration ($300)
___ Food/Per Diem ($160)
___ Ground Transportation ($60.00)
___ Hotel (3 nights/shared $225)
Applications will be reviewed by our review team and decisions will be made no later than December 30, 2009.
If you already plan on attending the conference we want to know! Shoot us an email so we can meet up with you in dallas!See you there!